The Family Addiction Support Network wishes to recruit a Family Support Worker. This role is for an initial two-year fixed-term contract and is subject to further funding it may be extended beyond that. The closing date for the job application is Tuesday 21st of March 2023 at 5pm. To be considered for this position please submit by email a Cover Letter highlighting why you are suitable for the role, together with details of your career to date and a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Employer: Family Addiction Support Network (FASN)
FASN is a dedicated service for family members in the North-East Region who are impacted by substance misuse.
Position: Family Support Worker
In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, to develop and provide evidence-based support to help reduce the stress and health-related problems experienced by families and concerned persons, to source training and support peer-led family support facilitators and to help develop the FASN Continuum of Care Model throughout the Cavan and Monaghan region.
Salary scale: The salary scale for this position is €34,476. A mobile phone, laptop and printer will be supplied for business purposes.
Contract: This is a two-year fixed-term contract. There will be a six-month probationary period. The post holder will be employed by FASN CLG and report through the Project Coordinator in relation to the provision and development of services. The person appointed will be based in the Cavan and Monaghan areas. Use of personal transport for work is required as well as a full, clean driving license.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
– To provide a one-to-one, non-judgmental, confidential support service to families who require family support from a health-led, harm-reduction approach in line with the FASN’s ethos and strategy.
– Support all families in the area in a professional and objective manner with appropriate, (assessed) evidence- based and responsive strategies designed to improve self-direction
and informed decision making
– To provide accredited training, developmental support and information to peer-led family support facilitators in line with the FASN Continuum of Care Model
– Provision & Monitoring of external support & supervision to peer-led family support facilitators.
– Coordinate the delivery of an educational programme provided by The Rise Foundation in the North East
– To work with An Garda Síochána to provide an appropriate response to the issue of drug- related intimidation in the community
– To work as a team member to fulfil the policies, aims and objectives of the Family Addiction Support Network (FASN)
– To identify gaps in service provision and, in conjunction with the staff team and the Project Coordinator to ensure that such gaps are met.
– To work with the relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and facilitate inter-agency co-operation to address the needs of families in the local community.
– To attend supervision on a regular basis as required.
– To represent FASN at inter-agency meetings.
– To fully engage in the work of the team and to take up training opportunities offered when appropriate.
– Keep accurate up to date client records.
– Such other appropriate and relevant tasks as may be required by the management committee Chairperson.
Excellent communication and listening skills
Experiential life experiences of living/working with addiction and commitment to
ongoing personal development
Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of local, regional, national research agencies and
publications re Drugs Issues in Ireland
A third-level qualification in a relevant area of study (e.g. Community Development, Facilitation, Management, Addiction Studies, Five Step Method ) or have not less than three years’ experience in working to the principles of community development and a working knowledge of the issues facing families living with substance misuse.
Experience working with families impacted by addiction and demonstrate an understanding of the impact on family dynamics and the larger social context.
Ability to provide online support to families needing 1-1 support
Experience of working with and facilitating groups.
The ability to act upon one’s own initiative within the context of professional boundaries and accountability.
The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and to receive and give support to developing the Team.
An understanding of the theoretical framework of harm reduction/risk management and NDRIC framework.
Experience of developing and facilitating individual care plans.
An understanding of community issues.
An ability to work in partnership with multi-agencies and the community.
An understanding of counselling, addiction and outreach work.
Previous experience of individual and group facilitation work.
An understanding of basic counselling skills.
Knowledge / experience of Peer Led Family Support
Understanding of Database client management systems
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and network
with appropriate practitioner levels within and outside the organisation.
Demonstrate an understanding of issues involved in working with Client base.
Demonstrate the ability to work in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory way.
An understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality within an organisation and on
the role of information sharing, as appropriate.
Demonstrate ability in care planning, case management
Good decision making and problem-solving skills
Evidence of interagency collaboration
Knowledge and experience in developing robust interagency arrangements with the statutory, community and voluntary organisations.
Excellent MS Office skills to include, Word Excel, and PowerPoint
Willingness and ability to work unsocial hours as and when required.
Some evening and weekend work will be part of the role. Time off in lieu is available as per FASN policy
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved. The post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post. These duties may be assigned to him/her from time to time to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
The Family Addiction Support Network is an Equal Opportunities Employer.