The theme for International Overdose Awareness Day 2023 is, “Recognising those people who go unseen”. They are the family and friends grieving the loss of a loved one; workers in healthcare and support services extending strength and compassion; or spontaneous first responders who selflessly assume the role of lifesaver.
As part of the world’s annual campaign to raise awareness about overdose, and those who have died and to acknowledge the grief of the family and friends left behind the HSE National Social Inclusion Office are hosting a LIVE WEBINAR and invite you to register to join.
Date: Thursday 31st of August
Time: 13.30 to 15.00
Link to Register: IOAD2023 Registration
Dr Denis O’Driscoll, Independent Chair of the National Naloxone Oversight Quality Assurance Group, will host the event and be joined by:
· Minister Hildegarde Naughton providing the opening address
· Andy O’Hara presenting and sharing UISCE’s “Now you see me” campaign videos
· Daniel O’Callaghan presenting on ‘Special death’: Living with bereavement by drug related death in Ireland
· Prof Jo-Hanna Ivers presenting on Advancing Addiction Recovery in Ireland
· Prof Eamon Keenan providing an update on the Naloxone Programme in Ireland
· Jenny Smyth thanking colleagues in our Partner Services who have responded to overdoses